Sydney Network Upgrade
This has been an exciting month at Ransom IT. We have improved our Sydney services substantially by moving our equipment to the Vibe Communications network (AS45177). As a result network latency, performance and reliability will be substantially improved over our old upstream provider which will result in superior service for all customers in this location. Our Sydney Looking Glass can be used to test latency and network routes to and from the new network. Some benefits/highlights included are:
- Direct connectivity in CoreSite at San Jose, resulting in improved latency to many US based networks
- Direct connectivity in the London Internet Exchange (LINX) resulting in much reduced latency to European locations
- Direct connectivity to the Auckland Peering Exchange resulting in improved connectivity to New Zealand based customers
- Improved handling and reporting of DDoS incidents thanks to our providers in-house NSFOCUS powered mitigation platform
- Improved network throughput and reliability to all locations thanks to a less congested and more reliable upstream network
Melbourne Expansion for OpenVZ services
A presence has been established in Melbourne for OpenVZ services only at this stage. Our Melbourne Looking Glass can be used to test routes to and from the new network.
Simplified KVM Plan Structure
To simplify services our KVM plans have been merged and we are now offering the same competitive KVM VPS plans in both Adelaide and Sydney.
To view our new range of VPS plans please visit our VPS plans page here.
If you have any questions about our services or locations please feel free to contact us.